Dental Hygiene Services
- Fluoride treatment: Application of professional-grade fluoride to help strengthen teeth
- Periodontal treatment: The identification, treatment, and prevention of diseases that affect the gums
- Professional Teeth Cleanings: A proper cleaning helps prevent gum disease, decay, and loss of enamel
How can I maintain good dental hygiene at home?
You don’t have a skilled hygienist to help you maintain your oral health on a daily basis, but by brushing and rinsing at least twice a day and flossing daily, your at-home oral hygiene routine can keep your teeth and gums healthy between your routine dental visits.
What services are performed at a scheduled cleaning?
Services your hygienist will perform during your cleaning include:
- A review of your dental and medical history
- An oral cancer screening
- An evaluation of your overall oral health
- X-rays to detect decay
- Removal of stains, plaque, and tartar
- A fluoride application
- Polishing of all teeth
- At-home oral health education and instruction
How often should I visit the office to maintain good dental hygiene?
Your Sandwich dental providers recommend that you schedule two routine visits each year in order to prevent decay and maintain optimal oral health.
For more information about the hygiene services we offer, please call our Sandwich, MA dental office at 508.888.4400 and make your appointment today!